Strange behavior with webhelp+feedback

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hendersj

Strange behavior with webhelp+feedback

Post by hendersj »

Occasionally, when I generate webhelp with feedback, the first time I visit the page on my webserver, I'll get no TOC frame, but a message from the browser (Chrome and Firefox on OSX tried) indicating that a popup was blocked.

If I open the popup, it's just the page that generated the popup, and it attempts to generate an additional popup.

If I switch to the frames view, the TOC frame repeats itself across the screen until I kill the window.

Sometimes it does this, and sometimes it doesn't - but I can't figure out what is causing this to be generated. What would help diagnose this issue, or if it's a known issue, how can I work around it?

Thanks
sorin_ristache

Re: Strange behavior with webhelp+feedback

Post by sorin_ristache »

It is not a known issue. What Oxygen version generated the WebHelp pages?

What does the additional popup say? It could be a warning about some feature disabled in Chrome, like JavaScript disabled. Do you run the Chrome browser with the default settings, did you disable some options in the settings of the browser?

Can you send us a zip archive with sample WebHelp pages that were generated in the Oxygen application and that we can use for reproducing these problems?
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
hendersj

Post by hendersj »

Sorry for the delay - I thought I had subscribed to the thread so I'd get a notification.

oXygen version 16.1, build 2014102117 is what I'm using, on OS X Mavericks.

The additional popup is just a link back to the same page - no content, just a duplication of the index page with the empty TOC frame.

Chrome with default settings, tested in incognito mode as well in order to rule out any plugin issues.

When I run into it again, I'll grab the source/target files and zip them up - I can't figure out what triggers it, and haven't seen it in about a week or so. When it has happened, I couldn't re-transform the files and get a working output, but after making just a few content edits, it started working again for some reason (also unknown).

Thanks
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Please send the files if you get the problem again in the future. Thank you.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support