Problem with keyboard shortcuts for the XML refactoring

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
smaug42

Problem with keyboard shortcuts for the XML refactoring

Post by smaug42 »

Using oXygen 6.0 build 2005051612 on Linux (SuSE9.3 using KDE3.4).

I need to delete a bunch of tags, and am using the handy Refactoring feature to do this. If I right click on a tag, and navigate through the menus to Delete element tags, it works fine. But... the keyboard shortcut for this same task Ctrl+Alt-X doesn't do anything at all.

A little investigation... and I find out that Ctrl+Alt-X is bound to the standard global KDE keyboard shortcut for enable/disable clipboard actions.

To make it more interesting... the Split element keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt-D is the default "show desktop" shortcut in KDE, so Split element doesn't work either.

Disabling this functionality in KDE frees up the keyboard shortcuts to be used in oXygen... but... takes away at least one feature I used in KDE (the show desktop one) on a regular basis.

Not sure if there is a good solution to this - other than reassigning the standard shortcuts in KDE to some custom ones - but thought it was worth raising the issue here (just in case someone else was running into this as well).
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

You can change the shortcuts for actions in oXygen, see the Options->Preferences->Menu Shortcut Keys dialog.

Best Regards,
George
smaug42

Post by smaug42 »

:oops: Ha... I looked in the oXygen options, but my brain didn't register that menu item. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm used to these things being hard coded when they are shown in the menus.