getting strange namespace error message

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
ihandler

getting strange namespace error message

Post by ihandler »

I am attempting to use XSLT & XPath 2.0 using Saxon 6.5.3. I am using functions and identify a namespace for them (I am following Kay's books and am providing a namespace for my user-defined functions). I get the following error when it comes to a function:

F The URI http://www.ivan-handler.net does not identify an external Java class LIHEAP%201_1%20Scenario%20Testing.xsl file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/AIDD0011/My%20Documents/XSL%20Transformations%20(XSLT)%20Version%202_0_files/LIHEAP%201_1%20Scenario%20Testing.xsl 571:0

This is the URI I associate with a function, but I do not and do not want to create a Java function to deal with this.

If I use Saxon 8B, the transformation does essentially nothing, it does not recognize my xsl:for each statement. This is even stranger from what I can tell.

Does anyone have any ideal?? The files are long so I will not upload them unless someone requests to see them.

Thanks very much
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Saxon 6.5.3 does not support XSLT 2.0, it is an XSLT 1.0 processor. If you want to use XSLT 2.0 then you should use Saxon 8, that handles XSLT 2.0.

You can use the debugger to see what happens with your transformation (make sure you select Saxon8 as XSLT processor). Also it is recommended to start with a very simple test to try out the functionality and if you have problems with that post it here or send it over to support at oxygenxml dot com.

Best Regards,
George