oXygen Author tool features How to

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
MVK_DCTM

oXygen Author tool features How to

Post by MVK_DCTM »

Hello All,

I am new to the oXygen Authoring tool and would like to know following things possible with Author tool ?

1. Can I link 3D or Video files to the Content or DITA Documents (as a part of content).
2. Content Localization possible ? written in English , convert in Japanese and publish to different language without re-writing the content.
3. Publishing JOB for Content on regular/ schedule basis possible to shared folder location?
4. Also, content created - DITA file /task / concept and validated how can i uplaod to Documentum CMS repository ? (It is not about creating new file from Data source Explore).

Thanks in advance!
sorin_ristache

Re: oXygen Author tool features How to

Post by sorin_ristache »

MVK_DCTM wrote:1. Can I link 3D or Video files to the Content or DITA Documents (as a part of content).
You can add a link to any resource, including a video file resource, in a DITA topic file, if you set the format attribute on the link element, usually the xref element, like:

Code: Select all

<xref href="../resource/videos/video.mp4" format="MP4"/>
For example a YouTube video can be included in a DITA topic with:

Code: Select all

<object outputclass="video">
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/VideoName"/>
</object>
The video is not played in the Oxygen Author application. It will be played only in the WebHelp format which is a HTML 5 webpage format created by the DITA WebHelp transformation. The video will be played in a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, etc. where the WebHelp page is loaded, of course only if that web browser supports that type of video.
MVK_DCTM wrote:2. Content Localization possible ? written in English , convert in Japanese and publish to different language without re-writing the content.
I am not sure I understand. Do you want to know if the localization is automatic so that you write only the English content and the Oxygen application translates that content automatically to Japanese without you writing any Japanese content. The answer is no.

If you have both English and Japanese content that you create/write in the DITA topics and you want to publish only English as a separate action or publish/export only Japanese as a separate action, without mixing the English content and Japanese content in the same publish/export action, then the answer is yes.
MVK_DCTM wrote:3. Publishing JOB for Content on regular/ schedule basis possible to shared folder location?
Sorry, this is not available in the Oxygen application. You have to start manually the publishing/export action in the Oxygen application, regardless of the location where the content is stored (shared folder, local computer, DITA CMS, WebDAV server, etc.).
MVK_DCTM wrote:4. Also, content created - DITA file /task / concept and validated how can i uplaod to Documentum CMS repository ? (It is not about creating new file from Data source Explore).
If you don't want to use the Documentum support available in the Oxygen view called Data Source Explorer then you will have to check with the Documentum support team what methods are available for adding your content to the Documentum repository.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
MVK_DCTM

Post by MVK_DCTM »

Thank You for clarifications.

on last point. When we do File --> New Document get list of template. similarly when we create new file from Data Source Folder section of CMS Documentum repository.. how can I get , in that I only get document type drop down.

OK let me put question in different way.

I have some DITA component generated from other tool, i want to edit in oXygen Author, I imported successfully, edited and validated and want to upload those to CMS Documentum repository, how can I do that ?

Thank You!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

MVK_DCTM wrote:I have some DITA component generated from other tool, i want to edit in oXygen Author, I imported successfully, edited and validated and want to upload those to CMS Documentum repository, how can I do that ?
There is an action for adding files on the right-click menu of the Documentum repository node in the Data Source Explorer view in the Oxygen application. So you should just open the DITA XML files in Oxygen Author, right click on Documentum repository in Data Source Explorer view and add the XML files to the repository.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
MVK_DCTM

Post by MVK_DCTM »

Thank You.