Command line to execute a PDF transform?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
DanTemple

Command line to execute a PDF transform?

Post by DanTemple »

Is there any way to call OxygenXML from the command line and get it to execute a PDF transformation on a file automatically?

I would like to do some batch processing, and it seems laborious to have to open the GUI and press a button each time.

regards, Dan
Costin

Re: Command line to execute a PDF transform?

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to execute command line transformations using oXygen.

If you need to apply a DITA to PDF transformation, you could most probably do that outside oXygen, with a separate DITA OT and Saxon engine (for which you would need to purchase a separate license from Saxonica).

Let us know if you need other information.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
DanTemple

Post by DanTemple »

Is that a feature that can be added?

It seems a bit excessive to have to build a complete parallel system in order to achieve the same as a single button click.

And given the modularity of XML, it looks like an obvious way to work. My previous documentation tool provided this (without any extra licence cost), so I have to admit I am surprised by this omission.
Costin

Post by Costin »

I am sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately there are no current plans to implement this in a future release.
We already have another software product which can be purchased separately, which provides functionality somehow appropriate to this case.
The product provides a command line interface script to obtain WebHelp output from DITA and DocBook documents.

Therefore, even if we were to implement the command line functionality in oXygen, this would come into conflict with the other product's license conditions.

Let us know whenever you need any other information.
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support