Oxygen component slownes performance

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
sebastienlavandier

Oxygen component slownes performance

Post by sebastienlavandier »

Hi,

I hope that you can help me because I think I have test all solutions...
I have made a specific framework for a type of xml document called 'Article'.

When I open a empty document, my application run with good performance, but when I open a doucment that contains some oxy_editor components, oxygen component run very slowly.
I'm sure that the problem not come from my custom style filter, because I have try without.

I have a lot of actions and xpath conditions for each framework action, so the number of lines in framework file is most than 3200.
Firstly, do you think that can be the problem ? In this case, how I can split this file ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sébastien
alex_jitianu

Re: Oxygen component slownes performance

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello Sébastien,

No, I don't think the size of the framework file is to blame. Do you have custom form controls or are just using the built-in ones? This bad performance happens when you type some characters? When you hover the form controls or scrolling through the document?

I suggest profiling a bit to get a picture about where it is staying so long. Have you worked with JProfiler before? This is what we normally use to track down such performance issues but there should be other products that offer a similar support. If you can send us the framework and some sample files to reproduce the issue, then we can look ourselves for the culprit. Of course all you send to us will be treated as confidential material and will be used only for reproducing the issue.

Best regards,
Alex
sebastienlavandier

Re: Oxygen component slownes performance

Post by sebastienlavandier »

Hello Alex,

No I haven't custom form controls, only the built-in ones.
This bad performance happens when the document is open until is closed.
Scrolling is slow, ope,/close widget is slow too, ...
I'm sure that is caused by a listener but where...

Good idea, I will search to solve it with visualVM or another profiler.

I look for send you my framework and a document example.
Thanks for your help.

Sébastien