Problem with forward slash in FOP

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
VN

Problem with forward slash in FOP

Post by VN »

Hi Guys

I am using FOP to generate a pdf. The problem is that whenever forward slash appears at a particular position in the FO object, then the line in the generated pdf wraps to the next line even when there is space in the existing line.

The problem is wierd because
- when the forward slash appears at someother position in the line then the line does not wrap.
- the wrapping disappears if I remove the problem causing forward slash and replace with any other character.
- the wrapping somehow disappears if I decrease the width of the line dramatically and the forward slash is still present.

What I want to know is
- If forward slash has any special meaning like & and <.
- What I am thinking is that it is an alignment problem(but i face the problem with left, right and centre alignment). Please let me know if there are any workarounds to prevent the line from wrapping when the forward slash appears at the particular position.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance...
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The forward slash character does not have special meaning like <. The line wraps for example if hyphenation is done at word level not at character level and there is not enough space on the current line for the word that follows the slash character. Your case is different ?

Best regards,
Sorin