How does one use tag insite with a non-oXygen schema?

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
dnedrow

How does one use tag insite with a non-oXygen schema?

Post by dnedrow »

By non-oXygen, I mean a schema that is not part of the oXygen distribution, in this case AIML.

I believe I have my document set up correctly:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<aiml:aiml xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://alicebot.org/2001/AIML AIML.xsd"
xmlns:aiml="http://alicebot.org/2001/AIML"
version="1.0.1">
</aiml:aiml>
However, if I type an open arrow (<) before the </aiml:aiml> I'm only given the following three completion options, one of which is superfluous (the </aiml:aiml>):

</aiml:aiml>
<!-- -->
<![CDATA[]]>
I know I'm doing something wrong, since I have several schema's that I've written that are working fine with tag completion.

Any ideas?

-David
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is a bug in content completion. We already fixed it and it will be available in the next release. Use the following workaround in current version: in the schema AIML.xsd replace the definition of the element set

<xs:element name="set">
</xs:element>
with a reference to a global type:

<xs:element name="set" type="setType"/>
and add the following as global type definition:

<xs:complexType name="setType">
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="MixedTemplateContentContainer">
<xs:attribute name="name" type="PredicateName"/>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>
Doing that the content completion will work again.

Best regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Re: How does one use tag insite with a non-oXygen schema?

Post by sorin_ristache »

dnedrow wrote:if I type an open arrow (<) before the </aiml:aiml> I'm only given the following three completion options, one of which is superfluous (the </aiml:aiml>)

Any ideas?
Alternative: make a copy of AIML.xsd, do the changes from my previous post on that copy, then map the original to the copy using a XML catalog so that you don't change your XML document. The next release of <oXygen/> will include a fix and you can discard the XML catalog.

Best regards,
Sorin
rosullivan

Is this bug fix in version 6? I can't seem to get it to work

Post by rosullivan »

Specifically, I'm trying to auto-complete WordML in and XSLT stylesheet.

Currently using a trial version, but very impressed so far ... will probably purchase a license.

Thanks.
george
Site Admin

Re: Is this bug fix in version 6? I can't seem to get it to

Post by george »

rosullivan wrote:Specifically, I'm trying to auto-complete WordML in and XSLT stylesheet.

Currently using a trial version, but very impressed so far ... will probably purchase a license.

Thanks.
Hi,

The above messages talk about a v6.0 problem of the code completion. I do not know if the WordML schema contains the same structure that brakes the content completion. For being able to see the elements of that schema in the content completion when you edit an XSL you should set it in the Options->Preferences -- Editor -- Tag Insight -- XSL dialog for the "Include elements declared in the schema" property.

Best Regards,
George
rosullivan

Thanks George

Post by rosullivan »

I guess WordML has structures that break the Tag Insight. Any ETA on the 7.0 fixes? Thanks again.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

We will look at that, it will be great if you have it available as trying to download it from the Microsoft website [Office 2003: XML Reference Schemas] gives:
Sorry, we are unable to show you the page you requested. Please try again later.

The next release will be a version 6 minor release, 6.1, and it should be available in a few weeks, end of June/beginning of July.

Best Regards,
George
rosullivan

WordML Schemas

Post by rosullivan »

Sounds good George. This url works for me:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Sorry, just tried it and got the same message.

Best Regards,
George
rosullivan

WordML Schemas

Post by rosullivan »

Must be your browser or your ISP. I'm in Virginia and using Firefox 1.0.3. Hope that helps.
dnedrow

Re: WordML Schemas

Post by dnedrow »

rosullivan wrote:Must be your browser or your ISP. I'm in Virginia and using Firefox 1.0.3. Hope that helps.
Huh, using Safari, can't get the page. Using Firefox I can. So it is browser related.

-David
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hmm... it seems it works randomly, at home it worked from Firefox/Mac but did not work with Safari and at work it does not work with Firefox/XP but works with IE.
Anyway, we got it now.

Best Regards,
George
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

The wordnet.xsd schema works with v6 without problems. However, it declares only two global elements and only the global elements are presented by the content completion for XSLT as possible result elements.

Best Regards,
George
dnedrow

Post by dnedrow »

george wrote: The wordnet.xsd schema works with v6 without problems. However, it declares only two global elements and only the global elements are presented by the content completion for XSLT as possible result elements.
That sounds like a Microsoft schema. ;)

I don't know if you guys have the time to manage something like this, but it might be useful to create a read-only section on phpBB that SyncRO Soft could use just to post these final notes on particular schemas. Eg. "oXygen 6.0 and AIML 1.1", and "oXygen 6.0 and WordML xxx"

-David
rosullivan

Ah! Only Global Elements

Post by rosullivan »

That makes sense. Sorry to get you barking up the wrong tree w/o investigating further myself.

This points to the need for an option to include *all* elements (e.g. not just global elements) for a schema in the auto-completion for XSLT.
sorin_ristache

Re: Ah! Only Global Elements

Post by sorin_ristache »

rosullivan wrote:This points to the need for an option to include *all* elements (e.g. not just global elements) for a schema in the auto-completion for XSLT.
Hello,

We added the suggestion to our todo list. It is possible to include this enhancement in the next release.

Thank you,
Sorin
rosullivan

sounds good

Post by rosullivan »

thanks
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

FYI: that was already implemented so it will be in 6.1.

Best Regards,
George