Command-line build error: TransformerFactoryImpl not found

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
itauthor

Command-line build error: TransformerFactoryImpl not found

Post by itauthor »

Using the unadulterated trial version of:
<oXygen/> XML Editor 16.0, build 2014070913

Working my way through Eliot Kimber's DITA for Practioners book. I've only got to p.41 and am stumped by an exercise for generating XHTML output from the Windows command line.

After running startcmd.bat, I enter:

Code: Select all

java -jar lib/dost.jar /transtype:xhtml /i:C:\Users\alistair\Dropbox\techAuthoring\Oxygen\intro-to-aikido\intro-to-aikido.ditamap /outdir:C:\Users\alistair\Dropbox\techAuthoring\Oxygen\intro-to-aikido\output\html
And I get:

Code: Select all

BUILD FAILED
c:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 16\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\build.xml:53: The following error occurred while executing this line:
c:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 16\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.base\build_preprocess.xml:34: javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfiguration
Error: Provider net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
What do I need to do to get past this error?
Radu

Re: Command-line build error: TransformerFactoryImpl not fou

Post by Radu »

Hi,

The DITA Open Toolkit which comes with an Oxygen installation is bundled without certain libraries which are in the original DITA OT download kit (like the Saxon 9 library) because it uses certain libraries from the Oxygen installation.

Ideally if you want to work from the command line you should download and use your own DITA OT 1.8.5 full-easy-install distribution instead of the one which comes with Oxygen:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dita-ot/

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
itauthor

Re: Command-line build error: TransformerFactoryImpl not fou

Post by itauthor »

Brilliant. That worked.
Many thanks.