Entity completion list is wrecked by long entity text

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
burto

Entity completion list is wrecked by long entity text

Post by burto »

Me again,

Just noticed that if you try to use entity completion (type &) with text entities that have very long definitions (several lines of text) then the popup menu is unusable.

I suggest that the width of the popup menu is limited to something sensible (< 40 chars of content perhaps?) Indeed, why show the content at all? Perhaps an option to turn the display of entity content off would be good.

Apologies, if this is already possible.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem. In a future version the width of the popup for entity content completion will be limited so that an entity and the corresponding value or the start of the value are visible.

Regards,
Sorin
burto

Post by burto »

Hi,

this didn't get fixed in 6. Are you still intending to do so?

Thanks,

Mark
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Mark,

After your first post we limited the width of the content completion window to 100 characters max. Probably you are using a very large font and you have a low display resolution so that 100 characters are large enough to exceed your display limits.
We are investigating the possibility to look at the screen width and font size before deciding the maximum width of the Content completion window.
If you could tell us your screen resolution and font used in Oxygen it would help us with our tests.

Regards, Radu.
burto

Post by burto »

Err, I can't get it to misbehave today but yesterday when the entity completion window popped up it was wider than the text editor window (and that window is wider than 100 characters).

So something odd was happening. Can't reproduce it today but if it happens again I will post another message. I had changed the screen font at some point so perhaps it was related to that.

Thanks, sorry to waste your time.