How to deploy oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war?

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
Frank Ralf

How to deploy oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war?

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I gave the new SDK for oXygen 16 a try and after some struggling with new Maven build process I managed to build the sample webapp. However, when opening \oxygen-sample-webapp\target\oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp\index.html I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

Url: file:///H:/Eclipse/franksSample/oxygen-sample-webapp/target/oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp/app/editor.js Line: 1682
I suppose that's now wonder, because I haven't deployed the oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war file to my own server yet. Unfortunately, the instructions in the README.html file don't elaborate on the deployment process. There is a J2EE server mentioned on the SDK page. Can I also use a Tomcat server? How do I proceed?

tia
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
cristi_talau

Re: How to deploy oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war?

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello Frank,

Thanks for taking time to try our WebApp product. It seems you managed to do the hard part - building the oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war file. The deployment is not detailed in the documentation because is very sever-specific.

For Tomcat, you basically have to drop the war file in the webapps folder in the Tomcat installation directory. There are also other ways to deploy an webapp in Tomcat. More details can be found on the Tomcat web page http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc ... howto.html.

Best,
Cristi
Frank Ralf

Re: How to deploy oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war?

Post by Frank Ralf »

Thanks for the reply, Christi. So that sounds like the usual Tomcat procedure. I'll give it a try and report back.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com