File tabs do not change the content of the edit window

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Roger

File tabs do not change the content of the edit window

Post by Roger »

I just downloaded the latest 5.1. I was using the Saxon 8.1 drop but now I have purchased a license and was warned to not use the Saxon 8.1 drop. I have been and continue to use JVM 1.5.0_01.

When I click on a file tab with currently six files open, the content of the edit window does not change although the content of the Outline window does change to follow the file tab clicks. The failure in the edit window doesn't happen every time but I can't see a pattern. Occasionally the file tabs themselves tear or paint in strange ways.

The Saxon 8.1 drop never had this problem. Should I revert to that copy? Can I use the same registration that I just bought?

Thanks,

Roger Kovack
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Roger,

I do not understand all your message, but in oXygen 5.1 you should not change the Saxon jars to replace them with the ones from Saxon 8.4. We made available a development snapshot of oXygen on the Saxon-help list with support for the latest Saxon 8.4:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... um_id=1398

Best Regards,
George
Roger

Post by Roger »

My problem is:

When I click on the file tabs with six files open, the content of the edit window does not change although the content of the Outline window does change to follow the file tab clicks.

The failure of the edit window to display the selected file doesn't happen every time and I can't see a pattern. Occasionally the file tabs themselves tear or paint in strange ways.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Roger,

We have no similar reports of such GUI problems. I recommend using the oXygen distribution that includes a JVM.

Best Regards,
George
Roger

Post by Roger »

I've started using Oxygen 6.0 with the included JVM as you suggested. This problem persists. There doesn't seem to be a pattern of behavior except that I get rather frustrated when I can't edit a file in Oxygen.

Clicking on a file tab at the top of the display will not change the editing area to allow editing of the selected file. Then double clicking on a file tab will change the editing file correctly but will also change the view of the other panels as expectied. Further, at some point I can't close the file that acts this way using the speed menu. Using CTRL-W will close some other file.

I have several JVM's on this machine. Do you know for sure the one I got with 6.0 is the one that is actually in use?

Oh, under "About" there are lots of references to java.library.path C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;

and sun.boot.class.path C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\i18n.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\classes

So why do I have this problem and nobody else does?

Roger Kovack
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Roger,

To see what JVM is in use look for the java.home entry in the About->System properties page.
What we can try is to enable the logging on your machine and hope we will see an exception trace or something that can help identify the cause of your problems.

Double click on a tab has as effect maximizing that tab, double click again to restore it to its initial location.

Best Regards,
George
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hi George,

I'm sorry if I did not make this clear.

[b]*George said :*[/b]

To see what JVM is in use look for the java.home entry in the About->System properties page.
What we can try is to enable the logging on your machine and hope we will see an exception trace or something that can help identify the cause of your problems.

[size=18]*******************************
READ THE ENTIRE PREVIOUS MESSAGE, GEORGE.
I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP IMMEDIATELY. I NEED TO SHUT DOWN OXYGEN JUST TO CLOSE A FILE. YOU MIGHT CONSIDER HOW IMPORTANT SOFTWARE QUALITY AND SUPPORT IS IF YOU WANT SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS TO PAY FOR YOUR PRODUCTS.
i*********************************[/size]
Oh, under "About" there are lots of references to java.library.path C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;

and sun.boot.class.path C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\i18n.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Oxygen 6.0\jre\classes
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Roger,

You asked if we are sure that you use the JVM that comes with oXygen and I replied to look at the java.home entry, that should point to the JVM that is used.

Please contact us at support at oxygenxml dot com to send you a configuration file to enable the application logging, hopefuly that will bring us more information about what is going on.

Best Regards,
George