config.php Not Generated

Oxygen general issues.
manthony

config.php Not Generated

Post by manthony »

I'm trying to the Dita Map Webhelp with Feedback transformation. My transformation is failing because it cannot find this file:

Code: Select all

../oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config/config.php writable	
Though the Docs don't clearly state, it appears this file should be generated by Oxygen. It doesn't appear to be. I've even searched the directory tree:

/Users/mary/GitRepo/docs/out/webhelp-feedback
==> find . -name *config.php -print
I'm running the following on Mavericks:

XML Editor 16.0, build 2014070913

Anyone have any clues that could help?
ionela

Re: config.php Not Generated

Post by ionela »

Hi,

The config.php file is created after the WebHelp output is deployed and it does not exist when you run the Dita Map WebHelp with Feedback transformation scenario.
Therefore, this shouldn't be a cause for the transformation to fail. To investigate this problem could you please send the transformation log to our support email address:support AT oxygenxml DOT com?
The console output is shown automatically if the output generation fails.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
manthony

Post by manthony »

Ionela,

My phrasing was bad. My transformation is successful. However, I do not have a config.php file. Since it is in the output, I assumed the transformation was supposed to create it. I got to this point in the process for creating webhelp with feedback:

http://grab.by/z0pW

As you can see, I have no config.php file.

Can you tell me how the config.php file is created --- by a process or a manual person? If I am to create it where is the specification for what the file should contain?

Mary
manthony

Post by manthony »

Solved.

When following the documentation for the Webhelp with Feedback I got to this point in the deploy:
This step checks to make sure your output meets all of the requirements for deploying (install). One requirement failed which was the config.php file. The dialog reported that the config.php file was not writable. There was no button to Install on this page at this point. When I went to the location for this file:

oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config/
I found the directory contained index.html file but no config.php file. Since the installation creates the config.php file, I couldn't continue with the installation process.

I first tried creating an empty but writable

config.php
file at the proper location. That didn't work. Apparently, the system requires config.php file that has the correct fomat.

Finally, I ended up locating this file

/Users/Shared/OxygenOutput/webhelp-feedback/install/config-dist.php
--- it appeared to have the correct format. I copied the file to

oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config/config.php 
Once I did this, the requirements passed and the Install button was visible. I was able to complete the installation/deployment process.

For future reference, here are the contents of a config.php file:

<?php 
### CONFIGURATION FILE AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED BY THE OXYGEN WEBHELP INSTALLER AT 2014-07-30 01:11:02 ###
### for oxy-webhelp 1.0

// The URL where the webhelp is installed on with trailing /
define('__BASE_URL__',"http://localhost/oxy-webhelp/");

// The relative URL where the webhelp is installed on with trailing /
define('__BASE_PATH__',"/oxy-webhelp/");

// Email address to be used as from in sent emails
define('__EMAIL__',"no-reply@oxygenxml.com");

// Email address to be notified when error occur
define('__ADMIN_EMAIL__',"");

// Send errors to system administartor?
define('__SEND_ERRORS__',true);

// If the system is moderated each post must be confirmed by moderator
define('__MODERATE__', true);

// User session life time in seconds, by default is 7 days
define('__SESSION_LIFETIME__',604800);

// Is unauthenticated user allowed to post comments
define('__GUEST_POST__', true);

// User friendly Product name
define('__PRODUCT_NAME__','oxy-webhelp');

// Show comments form other products with the same version from the same database
//define('__SHARE_WITH__',"'editor','diff'");

// Data base connection info
$dbConnectionInfo['dbName']="comments";
$dbConnectionInfo['dbUser']="oxygen";
$dbConnectionInfo['dbPassword']="oxygen";
$dbConnectionInfo['dbHost']="localhost";

?>
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

In case anyone else encounters this, the problem is that the web server needs full permissions (rwx) for the oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config folder. Otherwise the script cannot create the config.php file (it's not writable and can't be created).
A quick and dirty way to give it the required permissions is to run in a Terminal window:

sudo chmod 777 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config
Afterwards the WebHelp installer (http://localhost/oxy-webhelp/install/) will work as expected.

'oxygen-webhelp/install/config-dist.php' is the template configuration file that the installer script fills and writes in 'oxygen-webhelp/resources/php/config/config.php' (if it can). So you don't need to manually adjust/copy the file there, the script/web server just needs the permissions to be able to write it there.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com