Getting child links to appear on parent pages?

Oxygen general issues.
tomjohnson1492

Getting child links to appear on parent pages?

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

I've forgotten how to activate the hierarchical link feature. When you have child pages under a parent, the parent page usually has links to those child pages. I think there's a parameter in Oxygen's webhelp output that I need to enable for this hierarchical linking feature, but I can't remember what it is.
sorin_ristache

Re: Getting child links to appear on parent pages?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Do you mean the list of links to the child topics that appears in the page with the content of the parent topic, after the content of the parent topic? There is no parameter for that. The list of links to the child topics should appear bby default and it can't be disabled with a parameter int eh transformation. DO you get this problem with the default Webhelp transformation that comes with Oxygen, or did you customize the default Webhelp transformation that comes with Oxygen (modified an XSLT file, set a custom value for a parameter in the transformation dialog)?

If you get this problem with the default transformation please send us a set of sample files (DITA map and DITA XML topic files) for reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Sorin
tomjohnson1492

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

Thanks. I know what I was doing wrong. I was using the topichead element as the parent element, rather than a topicref. I fixed that now.

One follow-up question. Is there any way to add a title above the child links? Would I just do this in the stylesheet using the content element?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

I think an XSLT transformation has to be modified in the DITA-OT for that. I don't know exactly what files should be modified for that, I think first you should find where the links to the child topics are created in the XHTML output pages in DITA-OT.

Regards,
Sorin