Modal Find box

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Zby

Modal Find box

Post by Zby »

Hi there,

could you, please, explain me, if it is possible to set the Find dialog box on top but not modal. When I work with the Find and Replace dialog box, it is difficult due to Oxygen's behavior. It highlights the found phrase but sometimes in very stranges places of the screen. To scroll to editor's window content I have to close the Find dialog, scroll the editor window and open the Find dialog again. This is very annoying. I think it should be possible to improve this dialog box or scrolling and highlighting.

-Zby
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is not possible to set the Find/Replace dialog not modal in version 6.0. Is enough if in a future version after a find or replace action the highlighted phrase is scrolled at the middle of the editor panel ? Do you see other uses of a non modal Find dialog ?

Best regards,
Sorin
Zby

Post by Zby »

It should be sufficient if the highlighted phrase was positioned 3-4 lines before the bottom of the screen and it wasn't covered by the Find/Replace dialog box.

I addition, it would be nice if the dialog box was semi-transparent.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We will try to improve the visibility of the highlighted text in future versions. Scrolling the highlighted text and making the Find dialog transparent seem good ideas.

Best regards,
Sorin