Oxygen6 Eclipse 3.1 M7 & WTP M4

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
solomono

Oxygen6 Eclipse 3.1 M7 & WTP M4

Post by solomono »

Hi
When I use the above combination I do not obtain the Oxygen XML
contributions to the menubar and cool bar for formatting/validation etc.
I notice that in preferences-general-editors-file assocations another xmleditor (presumably from WTP ) is registered to handle xml files. Changing the default to Oxygen XML does not seem to change either the file icon or or menu items to reflect Oxygen XML.
The association for xsd appear to be correct ( and the file icon is Oxygen's but still not no menus or buttons.
Does the order of installation matter.
I am running Oxygen6, Eclipse 3.1 M7 and WTP M4 on Windows XP SP2 using JDK 1.42
Thanks
Solomon
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Maybe there is a conflict between <oXygen/> and WTP ? Do the menus, toolbar buttons, file icon work if you install only the <oXygen/> plugin ?

Best regards,
Sorin
solomono

Post by solomono »

Hi Sorin,
Aparently there is an XML editor an a xsd schema editor that is contributed by
WTP. If I change the preferences such that the Oxygen XSD editor is the default all is well (the proper file icon is displayed as well).
However when I install oxygen first the WTP the preferences indicates that Oxygen is the default editor for XML files. However the icon for the file and
the bahaviour on opening suggest differently.
I can explicitly open XML files with the Oxygen XML editor and the menu items an buttons are porperly dsipalyed
This may be a fault with the WTP XML editor not using the prefs and
simply installing itself as the editor for XML files.
I am using eclipse 3.1m7 and wtp m4
For now it is a mild inconvenience to open the file explicitly with Oxygen XML,
and apparently this default is attached to the file from that point.
Thanks for your help, it would be interesting to know which plugin is behaving incorrectly.
Solomon
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
solomono wrote: However when I install oxygen first the WTP the preferences indicates that Oxygen is the default editor for XML files. However the icon for the file and
the bahaviour on opening suggest differently.

For now it is a mild inconvenience to open the file explicitly with Oxygen XML,
and apparently this default is attached to the file from that point.

it would be interesting to know which plugin is behaving incorrectly.
The <oXygen/> plugin contributes an XML editor and sets the editor as the default one for opening XML files. This is all that can be done in a plugin. The rest is controled by the Eclipse platform. Maybe the answer can be obtained on a specialized Eclipse forum.

Best regards,
Sorin