How to get "Show in explorer" ("toon in verkenner") function

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mat_koop

How to get "Show in explorer" ("toon in verkenner") function

Post by mat_koop »

In Oxygen 16 / Ubuntu right click on open document tab gives a "show in explorer" ("toon in verkenner" in my localized version) option. On click nothing seems to happen.

Any thoughts? (I just switched from os x to ubuntu and miss the option to quickly get the parent folder of an open document)

Matthijs
adrian

Re: How to get "Show in explorer" ("toon in verkenner") func

Post by adrian »

Hi,

I've tested and I can confirm that this function doesn't work with the Oracle Java SE 7u55 runtime that is bundled with Oxygen.
I've also tested with the Ubuntu system installed OpenJDK 7u55 Java runtime and it seems to work fine with that. So this is a possible workaround.

To install the latest version of OpenJDK 7 on Ubuntu run:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre
If you have several Java runtimes installed, make sure OpenJDK is set as default:

sudo update-alternatives --config java
Oxygen deploys its own bundled JRE, so you will have to bypass it. To do this, quit the application, navigate to the Oxygen installation folder and rename the 'jre' folder. e.g. 'jreold'. When you start Oxygen, it will automatically pick up and use your system installed Java VM.

You can check what Java Virtual Machine is Oxygen running on in Help > About, "System properties". Look for the properties:

java.runtime.name
java.runtime.version
If you don't want to make OpenJDK the default Java runtime or Oxygen doesn't detect it, you can create a symbolic link named 'jre' in the Oxygen installation folder that points to the OpenJDK folder. To find out where OpenJDK is installed use:

update-alternatives --display java
Then you can create the symbolic link pointing to the appropriate location:
e.g.

ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64 Oxygen/jre
Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
mat_koop

Re: How to get "Show in explorer" ("toon in verkenner") func

Post by mat_koop »

Hello Adrian,
I can confirm that the workaround works on my system.

Thanks for the quick reply

Matthijs