topic2fo.xsl

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
PhilSmith

topic2fo.xsl

Post by PhilSmith »

I have a small problem which eludes me.
I have my DITAOT (1.7) and Customization directories external to my Oxygen directory - under C:\.
All works well except for the topic above.
Up until now, each time I installed an update - I had to save the org.dita.pdf2 directory and copy it back after the install for my customizations to work.
Have tracked the problem down the file in the header - it resides in the XSL\fo directory.

The problem relates to the following 2 lines that have been added into the file that works:

<xsl:param name="disableRelatedLinks" select="'yes'"/>
and
<xsl:param name="antArgsIncludeRelatedLinks"/>

I use XEP not ANT - but if I want my customizations to work - I have to use this file.

Have tried putting a copy at various places in my Customization directory - to no avail.
Is it possible to place this somewhere? or do I have to continue to update this file if I update DITA - as I said - not such a problem now as I have DITAOT as a standalone directory
Thanks
sorin_ristache

Re: topic2fo.xsl

Post by sorin_ristache »

PhilSmith wrote:All works well except for the topic above.
What is the expected result and what is the wrong real result? What does not work correctly?
PhilSmith wrote:Up until now, each time I installed an update - I had to save the org.dita.pdf2 directory and copy it back after the install for my customizations to work.
I think you should only set the customization.dir parameter in the DITA PDF transformation dialog in the Oxygen application. You don't need to save the org.dita.pdf2 directory from an older version and copy it back after the install. You should use the org.dita.pdf2 plugin that comes with the latest Oxygen version and the customization directory from C:\ set in the customization.dir parameter.
PhilSmith wrote:Have tracked the problem down the file in the header - it resides in the XSL\fo directory.

The problem relates to the following 2 lines that have been added into the file that works:

and
These parameters were removed in the DITA-OT version from Oxygen 16.0. Did you use them in the previous Oxygen versions? How did you set them in your DITA PDF transformations?
PhilSmith wrote:Have tried putting a copy at various places in my Customization directory - to no avail.
Is it possible to place this somewhere? or do I have to continue to update this file if I update DITA - as I said - not such a problem now as I have DITAOT as a standalone directory
I don't understand. Do you mean you tried to put a copy of topic2fo.xsl in various places?

Regards,
Sorin
PhilSmith

Post by PhilSmith »

Thanks Sorin,
When I transform a PDF output, if I use the original topic2fo.xsl - it fails with an error message:

[xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:44:58: Fatal Error! Variable antArgsIncludeRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:44:110: Fatal Error! Variable antArgsIncludeRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:45:52: Fatal Error! Variable disableRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\DITA-OT1.8\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\xsl\fo\front-matter.xsl:82:40: Warning! A variable with no following sibling instructions has no effect

If I put the modified topic2fo.xsl in (ie - the one with the extra 2 lines), it transforms the pdf no problems. Output is as I expect.
I did use these two lines in the file inOxygen 15 and all worked fine - again, if I revert to the original file the transform fails.

Customization is set in Oxygen - in the transform section.

I tried putting the 'modified' topic2fo.xsl file at various places in my Customization directory to see if it would overide the original file - but no luck.

Having it as it is doesn't cause me any grief - everything works as I expect. It is only an issue if I update DITA-OT - I need to remember to to update this file. It helps that I have moved DITA-OT external to Oxygen as it isn't overridden when I update
Thanks again
Phil
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

PhilSmith wrote: [xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:44:58: Fatal Error! Variable antArgsIncludeRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:44:110: Fatal Error! Variable antArgsIncludeRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\Customization_Becker\fo\attrs\basic-settings.xsl:45:52: Fatal Error! Variable disableRelatedLinks has not been declared (or its declaration is not in scope)
[xslt] C:\DITA-OT1.8\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\xsl\fo\front-matter.xsl:82:40: Warning! A variable with no following sibling instructions has no effect

If I put the modified topic2fo.xsl in (ie - the one with the extra 2 lines), it transforms the pdf no problems. Output is as I expect.
I did use these two lines in the file inOxygen 15 and all worked fine - again, if I revert to the original file the transform fails.
In Oxygen version 16 you have to remove these two lines:

Code: Select all

because these two variables were removed in the new DITA-OT version included in Oxygen version 16.

Regards,
Sorin
PhilSmith

Post by PhilSmith »

Thanks Sorin,
Understand your comments and have made the changes to the basic-settings.xsl
All is good now
Phil