Smart Paste feature ON, but not working

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
bthomas22

Smart Paste feature ON, but not working

Post by bthomas22 »

Running Oxygen 15.2 on Windows 7. Testing Smart Paste by creating new concept topic, and copying 4x4 table in excel, and also tried paragraph with four bullets in word. Neither apply formatting and, oddly, state content is not valid at current position, and offer (insert the content) a prologue metadata. Regardless, the formatting does not apply.
Reviewed Schema Aware options in options - preferences - editor - author - schema aware, and they are all on. Convert external content on paste is on.
What am I missing?

Bryon
bthomas22

Re: Smart Paste feature ON, but not working

Post by bthomas22 »

Just found my problem, I did not have the extension set up. Do I need the map external object also?"

Thanks. Hate it when I do that

Bryon
Radu

Re: Smart Paste feature ON, but not working

Post by Radu »

Hi Bryon,

Do you mean the ro.sync.ecss.extensions.dita.map.DITAMapExternalObjectInsertionHandler?
This insertion handler is set up in the ro.sync.ecss.extensions.dita.map.DITAMapExtensionsBundle which is referenced from the DITA Map document type association.
It's purpose is to add topicref's when somebody drops external files (from the project or from the Windows Explorer) in an opened DITA Map. But it does not convert pasted HTML-flavored content in any way.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com