Moving or packaging a ditamap

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
susannecm

Moving or packaging a ditamap

Post by susannecm »

I am looking for an option to export all of the local files used and referenced in a ditamap to another directory, including referenced graphics, coderefs, conrefs etc. The feature is required in order to prepare ditamaps for translation.

Currently, I use a packager from Suite Solutions for this purpose. The packager is provided free of charge, but it is no longer maintained. There is also a commercial packager available, but the tool does not work with my maps.

Would it be possible to provide a "Move map" or "Package map" function in oXygen? Maybe the DITA Interchange Package (DXP) by Eliot Kimber could be used as a starting point (see http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ ... sage/30356).

Thanks for your support

Susanne
Radu

Re: Moving or packaging a ditamap

Post by Radu »

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for the improvement request, I logged it in.
It does not seem very complicated to implement, we already have code which does a deep analysis of the DITA Map's references which is performed when the "Validate and Check For Completeness" action is used.
But I cannot give you a precise timeline for the implementation, I will update the forum post if I have more details.
Are there bugs you've encountered in the packager you are using now?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
susannecm

Post by susannecm »

Hi Radu,

at the moment, the Suite Solutions packager works with my maps. I checked this several times by validating the source and the copy. Another person from the Yahoo group reported problems - maybe because they use keyrefs and we don't use them (yet), but that's just a guess.

The second packager doesn't seem to analyze bookmaps properly. It does not report any errors, but the copy is incomplete (even after a bug fix).

So I don't have an immediate problem, but my current solution is not future-proof.

Best regards

Susanne
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Susanne,

We've just released Oxygen 15.0 and it has a special action to export a DITA Map to a ZIP or to a folder.
You will probably receive the official notification email about the new version in a couple of days.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
susannecm

Post by susannecm »

Hi Radu,

for various reasons we couldn't update to the new release yet.
Meanwhile I am preparing the update and the first thing I tried after installing the new version is this feature - it's exactly what we needed and already making things easier than before, so thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Susanne