Customization & en.xml

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
PhilSmith

Customization & en.xml

Post by PhilSmith »

Team,
This may be a simple solution, but has been bugging me for a while now.
I have a customizations folder and all is good.
Under C\:.....\common\vars is my en.xml file. I use it for customizations, and all is good except for images. ie
<variable id="notice Note Image Path">Configuration/OpenTopic/cfg/common/artwork/notice.gif</variable>
My notice.gif should appear in my \artwork folder directly above this - but the only way I can use this image is to have it in the original DITA-OT\plugins\..... folder.

I believe my problem is that image path is being referred to this folder by the line above. This means Configuration/OpenTopic/ has to change to reference the Customization folder I have - but what should this look like? Should it be replaced with a direct path to the Customization folder?
Thanks
Phil
Radu

Re: Customization & en.xml

Post by Radu »

Hi Phil,

The paths to the image resources which you have in your custom en.xml should be like:

Code: Select all

<variable id="notice Note Image Path">Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/notice.gif</variable>
in order to properly point to the artwork images located in the external customization folder.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
PhilSmith

Post by PhilSmith »

Thanks Radu,
Still not seeing it though.
Should 'Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/notice.gif' look something like this
'C:/Customization_Becker-PocketBooks/OpenTopic/common/artwork/notice.gif'
Have tried all permutations of this to no avail.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Phil,

So what I did to test things was this:

1) I copied the en.xml to the Customization_DIR_NAME\common\vars folder.
2) I edited the en.xml and modified the path to the image for note with type @notice:

<variable id="notice Note Image Path">Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/notice.gif</variable>
3) I added my custom image in Customization_DIR_NAME\common\artwork\notice.gif

4) Published to PDF a DITA Map which contained a topic with content like:

<note type="notice">NOTE TEXT</note>
5) I edited my DITA to PDF transformation scenario and in the Parameters tab set the path for the customization.dir property to point to my customization folder.

The PDF contained my custom icon.

What version of Oxygen are you using?
If you edit the PDF transformation scenario, in the Output tab you should switch Show console output to Always.
After the transformation scenario finishes you can look in the DITA OT ANT console output for messages coming from the PDF processor marked with [fop] and see if the processor issued a warning for the image and in what folder it expected to find it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
PhilSmith

Post by PhilSmith »

Thanks Radu - revisited your earlier post, and implemented the output change - all works as it should.
I am using 15.2 and DITA 1.7.2 (I think)
Thanks again
Phil