How can I automatically build wsdl files with SOAP?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
celia05es

How can I automatically build wsdl files with SOAP?

Post by celia05es »

Hi,
I have a SOAP application up and running and I was wondering how I could automatically generate the wsdl files. The customer needs those files to generate the client.

THanks for your help
Radu

RE

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Well, it depends on what SOAP application you are using.
For example getting the Version.wsdl sample file when using Apache AXIS integrated in Tomcat on the same computer the following URL builds it:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis/services/Version?wsdl

So the URL above actually points to the Version servlet (the servlet that actually does the whole SOAP processing) which constructs and returns the WSDL file.

Hope that helps, Radu.
celia05es

Post by celia05es »

The thing is that I am not using AXIS.
On the tomcat page, If I click on "Tomcat Manager", I can see my SOAP application. I have an AXIS application and a SOAP application (not AXIS).,
WIth AXIS, no problem I can directly see the wsdl files... but with SOAP it is different. If I click on the application path "services/", I can only "List, Deploy and un-deploy" services.
Now, on the application path "servicesA/", I can see the wsdl files for each a the web services that I have defined.

The customer does not use Apache-AXIS but Apache-SOAP and need the wsdl files to build the client.... How can I automatically build the wsdl files.

I have looked in the web and I have seen there is a tool called GLUE but I'd rather not use it if SOAP includes something.

THanks for the help
celia05es

Post by celia05es »

Well, may be GLUE is the best bet after all!
I have tried to download it but I always get a "checksum error" when I try the comand "tar xvf Glue-5.0.2.tar.tar
Any idea?
THanks
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I posted an answer last night but we had forum problems and it seems it was not processed.

The Apache SOAP I downloaded does not have any utllity to transform from java to wsdl.

Maybe this link would be useful:
http://www.scottnichol.com/vbnetclientapachesoap.htm

It speaks about a java2wsdl utility from the Web Services Toolkit application.

Probably the Glue tar you downloaded is corrupted, but this is just a hunch.

Ragards, Radu.
celia05es

Post by celia05es »

Thanks for your quick response.
The link you gave me assumes that I have Visual Basic .NET installed I think.... but I am not using any tool and I don't know how to use Visual Basic .NET!!!

You are certainly correct about the Glue file but the thing is that I don't know how to get a non-corrupted file!