Cannot find dita.sh

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
manthony

Cannot find dita.sh

Post by manthony »

Hi,

Environment: Max OSX, Oxygen 15.2

I'm trying to follow the instructions for "Oxygen WebHelp Plugin for DITA." After running the other steps successfully, I'm on this piece"Running a DITA Transformation Using the WebHelp Plugin" and I cannot find the dita.sh files.

I've even run find on my system. Has the name of this file changed in 15.2?

Mary
Costin

Re: Cannot find dita.sh

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Please note that the instructions on the Oxygen WebHelp Plugin for DITA are applicable to another product of ours, different from the oXygen XML Editor - the oXygen Webhelp plugin.

That is why there are no dita.sh files available in the Editor installation.

However, besides that, the Webhelp plugin comes with a different license, as it is a different product.
So, in case you need to generate WebHelp outside of oXygen, from the command line, you need to purchase a different license for the above mentioned WebHelp plugin.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
manthony

Post by manthony »

I am using the help that appears with the Editor product. It was not clear to me from the help that I needed to buy the plugin to follow the instructions. You might want to update your documentation or remove the parts that don't apply to the produce you are selling. After all, isn't that the point of using DITA anyway?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Mary,
manthony wrote:I'm trying to follow the instructions for "Oxygen WebHelp Plugin for DITA." After running the other steps successfully, I'm on this piece"Running a DITA Transformation Using the WebHelp Plugin" and I cannot find the dita.sh files.
The topic about Running a DITA Transformation Using the WebHelp Plugin is preceded in the list of instructions for the Webhelp plugin by a step called Registering the Oxygen WebHelp Plugin. You say you could "running the other steps successfully" but for that you need to "copy your Oxygen Scripting license key which you purchased for your Oxygen Webhelp plugin."

We will add in the User Manual that the Scripting license is not the Oxygen Editor license. Also we will try to explain better that you need to buy a Scripting license for running the Webhelp transformation outside the Oxygen application.

Regards,
Sorin