Licensing Webhelp for command line only

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
euca_scottb

Licensing Webhelp for command line only

Post by euca_scottb »

Hi - having trouble figuring out how to get the license activated for Oxygen webhelp. This will be used exclusively from a command line - I'm setting it up on my Mac initially for testing, but after that it will move to a server running CentOS.

I’ve copied the com.oxygenxml.webhelp directory from the Oxygen web help ZIP file to the content/tools/DITA-OT/plugins directory on my Macbook and am working on getting it integrated into our doc build…but am running into this error:

Code: Select all

check-license:

BUILD FAILED
/Users/scottb/Documents/git/documentation/content/en_us/build.xml:19: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/scottb/Documents/git/documentation/content/en_us/admin-guide/build.xml:49: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/scottb/Documents/git/documentation/tools/DITA-OT/build.xml:44: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/scottb/Documents/git/documentation/tools/DITA-OT/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp/build_common.xml:141: The Webhelp plugin does not contain all jar files. Please contact support@oxygenxml.com for more details.

Total time: 1 second
ScottBMacBook:en_us scottb$
Please help.

Thanks,
ScottB
sorin_ristache

Re: Licensing Webhelp for command line only

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Scott,

Please place your Webhelp license key in a file called licensekey.txt and place this file in directory [DITA-OT-install-dir]/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp. This is specified in the README file in the Webhelp zip distribution which you downloaded from the Oxygen website.

The error message The Webhelp plugin does not contain all jar files is caused by a missing jar in the lib subdirectory of the above directory ([DITA-OT-install-dir]/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp/lib). If you copied the entire content of the Webhelp zip archive in the [DITA-OT-install-dir]/plugins directory all the requisite files should be there. Particularly please check if the files license.jar and log4j.jar are in the lib subdirectory of com.oxygenxml.webhelp. For example can you open and browse these jar files with a zip archive application (WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, etc)?

Regards,
Sorin
euca_scottb

Post by euca_scottb »

That worked. Thanks Sorin!
scotmarvin

Post by scotmarvin »

This solution didn't work for me. I have the license in the right place, and the jar files are there. Is there a canonical documentation of everything we need to do in order to incorporate this into our existing ANT build system? Because, this plugin isn't working so easily for me after I integrated it.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

There is canonical documentation: a README text file in the Webhelp zip distribution that explains how the license key must be registered and how the Webhelp plugin should be integrated in an external process. What license do you have? Can you send us your license key or email it to us so we can test it?

Regards,
Sorin
scotmarvin

Post by scotmarvin »

I sent the license file from my email. Oddly enough, I was able to successfully build after editing the shell script. So, shell script built, but ANT did not. Weird.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

We need more details about the errors that you get in the ANT process. I asked about these details by email.

Regards,
Sorin