Oxygen 6 and Eclipse 3.1

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rojo

Oxygen 6 and Eclipse 3.1

Post by rojo »

I just installed the new Version of the Plugin for Eclipse (tried 3.1M6 and 3.1M7 on Windows XP), and it is not possible for me to open XSD documents. Instead, I get:

Code: Select all

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".  
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.getPerspectiveService()
However, the new visual Schema view works just fine on Eclipse 3.0. My guess is this might have something to do with a new Version of JFace having a different API, so maybe there is a way to use an older Version of JFace for Oxygen in Eclipse 3.1?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Rojo,

Yes, oXygen 6 works with/was developed for Eclipse 3.0. There were a few API changes in Eclipse 3.1 and we plan to make available as soon as possible a build of oXygen 6 for Eclipse 3.1 M7.

Best Regards,
George
ckreps

Post by ckreps »

I am using oxygen 6.0 on eclipse 3.1 M6. Everything I need seems to be working....except the syntax highlighting.

When opening an xml/xsl/etc doc with oxygen all text is black. I have only been able to get syntax highlighting to work if I do:
Window->preferences->oxygen->Syntax Highlight->XML Colors...then click "Apply".

This will only apply highlighting to xml documents that are open, newly opened xml docs come in black and i would have to repeat the process to get the color back.

I understand this release was not intented for eclipse 3.1*, but I'd be happy with it if you could tell me a way to get the syntax highlighting working correctly. I need java 1.5 in eclipse 3.1 and have to make a decision on an xml editor soon...
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

We should have the build for Eclipse 3.1 M7 ready tomorrow.

Best Regards,
George