language

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
olivier_m

language

Post by olivier_m »

Hello all

I would like to change the language of the text "Parent topic" which is in the end of all my files. I tried to put fr (for french) in the args.dita.locale dita parameter but it didn't work. The language of the oxygen software is in french...

Thanx

Olivier
AJOwens

Re: language

Post by AJOwens »

The args.dita.locale parm controls the sort order for the index. To change strings like "Parent topic", you have to set xml:lang="fr" for each topic (e.g. <concept xml:lang="fr">)
sorin_ristache

Re: language

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Olivier,

As AJOwens said, the recommended way to set the language of static labels like Parent topic, Next topic, Table no. ..., Figure no. ..., etc is to set the correct language in the DITA topic files using the xml:lang attribute, set either on the root element of the topic (<topic>, <concept>, etc) or on other descendant element where that content is located. The second option is applied when content in more than one language co-exists in the same topic, for example both English and French content in the same topic.

Regards,
Sorin