Make use of Regex in Find/Replace Dialog Easier

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
ttasovac

Make use of Regex in Find/Replace Dialog Easier

Post by ttasovac »

Hi.

I often find myself having to use regex to convert certain elements of plain text files to proper XML. I think Oxygen could do much better to support this functionality:

1. Text to Find field in the Find/Replace Dialog is too small
It is only three lines long and it is not resizable. Sometimes, regular expressions can get quite long. I often find myself not able to see the whole regular expression in this field.

2. Color Highlighting of Regular Expressions in the Find/Replace dialog would be incredibly helpful
Without color highlighting, reading and writing Regexes is very hard. I often find I have to switch editors to write some complex regular expressions.

3. More detailed Color Highlighting of Regex Results wold be fantastic
Right now, Oxygen highlights only the result of the whole regular expression, but it doesn't indicate in any way captured numbered groups, which better regex editors do.

All best,
Toma
adrian

Re: Make use of Regex in Find/Replace Dialog Easier

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.
1. Note that the Find/Replace dialog is resizable and the fields get resized with it.

2. I have submitted a feature request to our issue tracking tool. This will be analyzed and if found appropriate, it will be implemented in a future version of Oxygen. We will notify you when this is implemented.

3. I've added another feature request for this.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ttasovac

Re: Make use of Regex in Find/Replace Dialog Easier

Post by ttasovac »

great! thanks a lot.