ro.sync.ecss.g.vb error message

Oxygen general issues.
cditcher

ro.sync.ecss.g.vb error message

Post by cditcher »

I am running author in debug mode using Eclipse IDE. I am getting an error (reported in the Eclipse console) that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[ro.sync.ecss.g.l] [31 Dec 2013 - 08:46:59] ERROR - ERR: ro.sync.ecss.g.vb: <orc:retention>(34795, 34804) Imposed 195 -> Actual 382 reported MIN is 195 
<orc:retention> is of course an element in one of our documents. The document is validating against our schema, and Author itself is not reporting any errors, but seeing as it is technically an error, I figured I should look into it. Can anyone shed some light on why ro.sync.ecss.g.vb would report such an error?

Thanks.
Radu

Re: ro.sync.ecss.g.vb error message

Post by Radu »

Hi,

What version of Oxygen are you using?

Usually such a warning means that you have a table in the XML document and while computing the width of each table cell taking into account various width specifications, Oxygen encounters a table cell which reports that it can fit in a certain width but in the end it takes up more space. The table layout engine can recuperate from such issues so the problem is not detectable to the end user. This might happen if some XML elements are space-preserve.

So the message is caused by a small bug in Oxygen, bug which is activated by some setting in your document type CSS customization. If it is possible for you to share your document type customization with us (CSS, Schema, table-related Java extensions) please send it to support@oxygenxml.com and we can investigate the issue further on our side.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
cditcher

Post by cditcher »

Ah yes, thanks for your reply Radu. It was indeed a table cell that we had a width:15% property set in our css, but also placeholder text which was pushing the content beyond the bounds of the cell. We have modified the css and the errors have disappeared.

Thanks,

Chris
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Chris,

Glad you figured this out.

If or when you have the time:

What Oxygen version are you using?
I would have wanted to reproduce the issue on our side as well in order to see if there is a bug in Oxygen which we should also fix.
So your CSS probably had a selector like:

Code: Select all

retention{
width:15px;
}
Did you have column specifications set on that particular table? Is it a CALS table?
Can you paste a sample XML table fragment?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com