Personalized templates

jpmoularde

Personalized templates

Post by jpmoularde »

Hello!
I'd like to create some personalized templates to avoid the cumbersome task of copying some pieces of code every time I create a new xml file corresponding to a personal type of document.
I know that it's possible, I read the help about templates and couldn't find actually where to put these template files and how to retrieve them.
Thanks for your help.
alex_jitianu

Re: Personalized templates

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

From what I understand you would like to create Document Templates. The steps to create these templates are:
- for each template you have to create a new file. The name of the file is the template's name. For example a file named Book.xml will generate a template named Book and the extension xml will be used for all files created with this template. The content of this file is the actual template content.
- Instruct Oxygen where to look for these newly created templates by specifying the folder where these files reside. You can do that by using the global option Document Templates Preferences or if you have a Document Type (a.k.a framework) then you can do it at the framework level, in the Templates tab of the Document Type Edit Dialog.

A detailed description of the procedure is available at Configuring New File Templates.

Once you've configured the Document templates they will appear in the New dialog.

In order to help us improve the documentation could you please tell us which topics you've read and didn't find the needed information?

Best regards,
Alex
jpmoularde

Re: Personalized templates

Post by jpmoularde »

Thanks!
It's exactly what I was looking for.