Oxygen + WinSCP

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Zygimantas / ACC

Oxygen + WinSCP

Post by Zygimantas / ACC »

Hello,

At first, I would like to thank you for this great editor. The only problem: I can't use it with WinSCP client. I am not sure, if this problem belongs to Oxygen or WinSCP.
I set Oxygen as default editor for WinSCP. The file is opened from WinSCP in Oxygen. But: if I try to open another file, it is impossible to save the second file. (In short: the problem occurs then I try to open file from WinSCP and Oxygen is running).

Maybe there is other way to open file remotely from Oxygen without using FTP/WebDAV but SCP?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

First you may consider using the FTP/WebDAV support of <oXygen/> for working with remote files. Is this support not enough for your editing needs ?

Please give more details about your problem - do you see any error message, the save button/menu entry is disabled ? Can you save the first opened file in <oXygen/> ? What do you see different when you try to save the second file ? Also tell us what version of <oXygen/> you are using.

Regards,
Sorin
tarasso

Post by tarasso »

I don't know about Webdev but anyone caught using ftp should be shot

I know one program that uses Openssh to do sftp cause it included in *nixies and they tell windows users to install Cygwin

just a thought..
ianneub

Post by ianneub »

SFTP support is a must! I can't buy this program because it doesn't have it :( Working on a file locally and then uploading manually is just not an option.

See jEdit for a good example of how to integrate SFTP in a java based IDE.
ianneub

Post by ianneub »

I should note that you need the jEdit plugin "FTP" to use SFTP.