ODF output broken

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
lostiniceland

ODF output broken

Post by lostiniceland »

Hello everyone

I am having problems exporting to ODT. All the other exports are working but when I try opening the exportet odt-file with LibreOffice 4.1 it cannot open the document due to some errors

I opened the file in notepad++ to see what might be wrong but without success.

Is there a know problem with ODT in Oxygens DITA-export? Or is this related to DITA OT?
sorin_ristache

Re: ODF output broken

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just tested on a sample DITA map the built-in DITA transformation called Open Document Format as it comes in Oxygen 15.1 and the result .odt file was opened without errors in a Word-like editor application. Did you set any custom values for the parameters of the Open Document Format transformation? Can you send us a zip archive with a sample DITA map and the requisite topics for reproducing the problem?

Thank you,
Sorin
lostiniceland

Post by lostiniceland »

I filed a support request.

I did some more testing and in one case I was able to create a working ODF, nevertheless I created a pretty simple setup which works in webhelp but breaks in ODF.

The reason why I need ODF is for my project-evaluation: as in most environments Word is pretty dominant. My goal is to use ODF as an itermediate format which I can just save as Word and everyone is happy :mrgreen:

Thanks again for your help.

P.S. is there a public Roadmap available for future releases? I just realized that Oxygen uses OT 1.7 while 1.8 is already out. Of course I would like to use a supported OT version when dealing with Oxygen.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

To conclude this discussion it seems the output ODF document is valid because it can be opened by MS Word without errors. I did not run the output ODF document through some kind of ODF validator, so it is possible that the DITA ODF transformation may create in fact faulty ODF files for some DITA inputs. If other users have a similar problem I could look into that to determine if it is a DITA transformation problem or a LibreOffice problem, please let me know.

DITA OT 1.8 will be included in Oxygen 16 which will be released probably before the summer of next year. Oxygen 15.x versions will remain with DITA-OT 1.7.

Regards,
Sorin