Key commands removed in Oxygen 15 Eclipse plugin?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mattwolfe

Key commands removed in Oxygen 15 Eclipse plugin?

Post by mattwolfe »

There used to be key commands for the refactoring options in the Eclipse plugin. For example, wrapping the selection in an element was ALT+SHIFT+E and deleting the current element was ALT+SHIFT+X (I think). But with Oxygen 15 these key commands seem to be removed. I still see the commands listed in the Keys preference in Eclipse but the key commands are no longer listed in the Refactoring menu and they no longer work. I've confirmed with some other users that their key commands don't work, either, so it doesn't seem to be limited to my machine.

I hope these key commands were removed in error because they are extremely useful.
adrian

Re: Key commands removed in Oxygen 15 Eclipse plugin?

Post by adrian »

Hi,

This is a known issue that appeared in v15.0. This has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of v15.1 (2013110816), just released today. Please try updating your Oxygen Eclipse plugin to the latest version/build now available and let us know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
mattwolfe

Post by mattwolfe »

Yes, I have the 15.1 (2013110816) build installed and still have this issue.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

What version/build number of Eclipse are you using (Help > About Eclipse SDK)?

I see that there are still some issues with the shortcuts when switching from Author to Text mode. The shortcuts no longer appear in the contextual menu. But from what I've tested the shortcuts still work (I've tested with Alt+Shift+E).
In Eclipse 4.3 we encountered a situation where the editor shortcuts wouldn't work right away after opening a document, but switching between editors or clicking on a view and then back into the editor worked around the problem. Let me know if the problem persists for you after trying this.

I've submitted an issue on our issue tracking tool to analyze and resolve this.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
mattwolfe

Post by mattwolfe »

I'm using Eclipse 3.5.2. Really old, I know, but that's the version our CMS (Ixiasoft) supports.

However, I just test ALT+SHIFT+E, ALT+SHIFT+<, and ALT+SHIFT+/ and they work. I'm not sure why they didn't work after I upgraded and restarted yesterday but they do seem to be working now. The key commands aren't listed in the right-click menu, but they are working now.

Thanks for your help!
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Matt,

We released Oxygen 15.2 about a week ago and it should also contain a fix for this shortcuts problem you reported.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor