Link to mapref does not work in PDF

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
Kentt

Link to mapref does not work in PDF

Post by Kentt »

Hello,

It seems that if I have a mapref element in my DITA map and I create a cross reference to it from one of the topics which is also part of my map, the link works fine in oXygen but it does not work in the PDF output. Is there a special way to create such a link to make it work in the PDF as well? Thanks.
Radu

Re: Link to mapref does not work in PDF

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Just to see if I understand:

Did you set an @id attribute on the <mapref> element and then you made an <xref> to it from a DITA topic?

In my opinion you can only refer from a topic other topics or elements from within those topics and not topicrefs (mapref is a specialization of topicref) defined in the DITA Map.

I do not know exactly what you want the expected behavior to be, do you want the link to jump directly to the table of contents? I do not think this can be done.
In your case you could make the xref point directly to a certain topic and the click would jump to the location where that topic's content is placed.

You could also try to write about this on the DITA Users List and give mode details about the use case, maybe someone on the list has a better workaround.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com