Customization

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Le Basque

Customization

Post by Le Basque »

Hi,

I duplicated DITA Map PDF to DITA MAP PDF FOP and DITA MAP PDF AH
I made a customization to DITA MAP PDF AH Such as displaying an image at the bottom of the first page.
When I use DITA MAP PDF FOP, I customization elements (displaying an image at the bottom of the first page) that appear when the parameter customization.dir is empty?

What is the problem ?

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Re: Customization

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

The customization.dir parameter should not be empty if you want to customize the DITA PDF transformation. It should contain the path to the directory where your customization is located. Please read the customization instructions in the file [Oxygen-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\Customization\README.txt.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Precisely, for a scenario I want a customization and I indicates where the directory in customization.dir, and the other scenario the customization.dir is empty , but the result I get when even element of customization?

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Your problem is not clear from your description. Please give a clear description of the problem.

If you want to apply a customization for the DITA PDF transformation then you have to follow the instructions from the README.txt file that I specified above ([Oxygen-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\Customization\README.txt) for creating your own customization directory and after that set the path of this directory in the parameter customization.dir of the DITA PDF transformation on the Parameters tab. If you do not want a customization then you don't need to set any value in the parameter customization.dir, just leave this parameter with the default value.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Sorry but I do not speak good English.
I defined two scenario in oXygen, one with customization (with customization.dir) and one without customization (customization.dir='').
When i execute scenario without customization i obtains elemnt of customization (Image files in the directory customization for exemple) ?

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Please give more details about the problem: what elements of customization you get in the output, what is the image file path, where does it appear in the output? Before running the PDF transformation that was not customized please remove from disk (in the Windows Explorer application for example) the entire output directory where the PDF output was created by a previous transformation.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

For example in file fo generate with scenario no customize i found <fo:region-body background-image="Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/FirstPage.jpg" the file FirstPage.jpg is in customize directory while customization.dir='' ????

Why and how is it possible

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

That is part of the default DITA transformation for PDF output. Just because the path of an image included by default in the PDF output contains the directory name Customization does not imply that you run a customization of the PDF transformation. This is one of the image files used by default in the DITA PDF transformation. Of course you can change that image file path if you want. You should just follow the instructions for customizing a PDF transformation as for any DITA PDF customization, as described in the file [Oxygen-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\Customization\README.txt.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Hi,

I followed the instructions contained in the file README.txt, but it does not answer my question.
I have 2 scenarios, a scenario that uses Antenna House and customization (customization.dir=locate customization), Another scenario that uses FOP without customization (customization.dir=).

when I use the second scenario, I get data coming from the customization?

Why

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

Do you mean when you set the parameter customization.dir to empty value for using Apache FOP without customization, you get some data in the output as if the Antenna House customization were used? Please give us more details about the input XML document, what parameters you set (the transformation parameters that are different from the default ones in the DITA PDF transformation) and what data you get in the output that you should not get.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Hi,

For example in parts non customize in file layout-masters.xsl :

Code: Select all

<xsl:template name="createDefaultLayoutMasters">
<fo:layout-master-set>
<!-- Frontmatter simple masters -->
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="front-matter-first" xsl:use-attribute-sets="simple-page-master">
<fo:region-body xsl:use-attribute-sets="region-body__frontmatter.odd"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
In file custom.xsl in part customize :

Code: Select all

<xsl:template name="createDefaultLayoutMasters">
<fo:layout-master-set>
<!-- Frontmatter (preliminaire) simple masters -->
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="front-matter-first" xsl:use-attribute-sets="simple-page-master">
<fo:region-body xsl:use-attribute-sets="region-body-first-page" background-image="Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/FirstPage.jpg"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
The difference, a background image for the customized part and no picture on the part no customized.

When i choice FOP (no customization) I obtains image on first page ?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

I don't understand what was the effect in the PDF output. Is "FOP (no customization)" the transformation that uses the first code, without the background-image attribute? Did this transformation add an image on the first page? Was that the image from file Customization/OpenTopic/common/artwork/FirstPage.jpg?

Regards,
Sorin