Layout

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Le Basque

Layout

Post by Le Basque »

Hi

DITA in a publication, I would like to manage multi-column pages or normal pages
How can I do with DITA OT?

thank you
sorin_ristache

Re: Layout

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In what output format do you want to display multi-column pages? How do you plan to select between normal pages and multi-column pages? Do you want to split the output page in multiple columns and flow the content of a topic in the columns in order from the left column and advancing to the right as the columns are filled? Should the next topics continue in the last column with the content of the current topic, immediately after the current topic is ended? Or should each topic start on a new page, from the beginning of the left column on the page?

Please can you give an example of the input XML content and how you want to display that content in the output?

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Hello,

I have to manage pages with multicolumn and single column dita and I do not know how to manage, perhaps with an attribute on the topic that would indicate how to handle the content, is it possible? For filling multicolumn, from top to bottom and left to right. The type of page is landscape

thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Le Basque wrote:I have to manage pages with multicolumn and single column dita and I do not know how to manage
Do you mean in Author mode, when you edit the DITA topics? Or in an output format like PDF or XHTML? It is not the same thing, different settings are needed, so the answer for this is important.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

I want to use in publication PDF
If you have an example ?

Thank you
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,