batch validation with schematron phases

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
DanP

batch validation with schematron phases

Post by DanP »

Hi,

I want to validate a batch of files with a schematron with defined phases. Using 13.2, I'm prompted to select a phase for each file I'm validating; is there a means to select the phase once to be applied for the entire batch?

Thanks.
Costin

Re: batch validation with schematron phases

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to automatically predetermine the phase for batch validation with schematron.

I've already logged this in our issue tracking system and it will be considered as a feature improvement for a future version of oXygen.

As the only workaround untill this will be solved, in case there is a small number of files you want to validate, you could manually specify the schematron phase you want for each of them. This could be helpful, as you would no longer need to specify the phase each time you validate the respective files.
In order to do that, you should first manually associate a schema for each of the files you want to validate.

You can do that by clicking on the "Associate Schema" button in the toolbar or by going to Document > Schema > Associate Schema. Specify your schematron in the URL field of the schema association dialog and click OK. In the "Schematron Phase chooser" dialog click "Cancel" and manually add the phase attribute for the xml-model processing instruction at the beginning of your document. Set the schematron phase you want as its value. It should look something like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml-model href="yourSchematronFile.sch" type="application/xml" schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron" phase="SchematronPhaseName"?>
Do this for all of the files you want to batch validate.

After associating the schematron to the files, you should just select them from the Project view and apply batch validation.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
DanP

Post by DanP »

Thanks Costin,

Unfortunately, we're validating large batches of files using predefined validation scenarios in a framework, so whilst I appreciate the info (wasn't aware of this feature) it's not feasible in this case.

I'll look forward to this feature in a future release.

Thanks again.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Just to update this thread, in Oxygen 15.0 validation scenarios created to be used with Schematron can also specify the phase used for validation.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
DanP

Post by DanP »

Yes - I did see that update.

Thanks for working that into the latest release - much appreciated.

Dan