XML to XSL Converter needed

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
gab1982

XML to XSL Converter needed

Post by gab1982 »

Hi I have recently downloaded oxygen and I think its very good piece oof software but i need to convert a xml document to xsl can this be done within the oxygen trial.

Also when i try and convert the xml to dtd i get a error. but the xsl is the important issue here.

thanks.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The functionality of the trial version is the same as in the purchased version. What do you mean to convert a XML document to XSL ? Usually a XSL stylesheet is used to convert a XML document to other XML document or to some output format (XHTML, PDF, etc). In <oXygen/> this is done with a transformation scenario associated to the XML document that contains the URL of the applied XSL stylesheet. For some example transformation scenarios see http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/ ... tions.html. If this is not what you need please post a small sample of the input XML document and the expected XSL document.

You can convert a XML document to DTD
  • - with the Trang converter by using the toolbar button "Convert to ..." or by going to the menu Tools -> Trang Converter

- with the actions Learn Structure and Save Structure available on the toolbar of the current XML editor pane and in the menu Document -> XML Document. Learn structure will build the structure of the XML document in memory and Save Structure will save it as a DTD file.
gab1982

Post by gab1982 »

ok thanks, well the dtd error i get when i try and convert the xml to dtd is:

SAXException: null:-1:-1 - sorry, cannot handle this kind of "oneOrMore"
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

You hit a limitation of the Trang converter. Trang can't generate a DTD from any XML document. Please use the second approach - the actions Learn Structure and Save Structure. See in the <oXygen/> User Guide "Procedure 4.8. To create a DTD" in the section "Creating DTDs" on the page http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygenE ... th-unicode

Best regards,
Sorin