upgrade docbook v5.0 to v5.1b3

osprofi

upgrade docbook v5.0 to v5.1b3

Post by osprofi »

Hello docbook users
Can you tell me in which oxygenxml version the docbook version v5.1b3 is included ?
What docbook version is included in oxygenxml v15 ?
Thanks for the info.
Best regards, Peter
sorin_ristache

Re: upgrade docbook v5.0 to v5.1b3

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

Oxygen 15.0 is the latest version and includes the DocBook schema 5.0, as you can see on the Frameworks tab of the About dialog box (menu Help -> About). We plan to wait for a final (stable) release of the DocBook schema for including it in Oxygen, not a beta version like 5.1 beta 3, this is why Oxygen still comes with the version 5.0 of the DocBook schema.

Regards,
Sorin
osprofi

Post by osprofi »

Hi Sorin
thanks for quick answer;
I am questioning this because I want to include the docbook tag poetry etc. which is only included in docbook 5.1b3. Can you tell me whether there is any guide to use another docbook version and the corresponding xsl framework ? Which other considerations I should take if I will use a more recent docbook schema and docbook xls framework ?
Are there any other obstacles ?
Greetings, Peter
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Peter,

To upgrade the DocBook schema in the Oxygen application just overwrite the DocBook 5.0 schema files in directory [Oxygen-instal-dir]\frameworks\docbook\5.0 with the DocBook 5.1b3 schema files. The next time you start Oxygen and open a DocBook XML document it will be validated against your new schema, and the content completion assistant will present the valid elements from the new schema.

If you want to upgrade the DocBook XSL stylesheets you should do the same: overwrite the DocBook 1.78.1 XSL stylesheets that come with Oxygen in directory [Oxygen-install-dir]\frameworks\docbook\xsl with the newer version of the DocBook XSL stylesheets.

Regards,
Sorin
osprofi

Post by osprofi »

Hi Sorin
thanks for the advise
Greetings, Peter