Not sure which version of Oxygen I've installed

Oxygen general issues.
dcramer

Not sure which version of Oxygen I've installed

Post by dcramer »

Hi there,
I've installed the latest version of Oxygen from the website (on Ubuntu Linux) with the hope of getting the latest 14.2 build. I even had the installer remove the previous version. I let the installer put it in the default location "/opt/Oxygen XML Editor 14.2", however, when I check the About box, it says "<oXygen/> XML Editor 14.0, build 2012062215".

Do I really have 14.2 or did something go wrong?

Regards,
David
adrian

Re: Not sure which version of Oxygen I've installed

Post by adrian »

Hi,

During the installation what version did the installer specify (welcome screen in the installation wizard)? Run it again if you don't remember. If the installer version is correct, then the problem is you're not running the version you have just installed.

Note that when installing as root (sudo) in /opt you will not obtain Desktop shortcuts or symlinks for your current user.
Did you actually run Oxygen from /opt/Oxygen XML Editor 14.2, or did you use a desktop shortcut or symbolic link?
What I'm trying to say is you may have used a shortcut/symlink that points to the older version of Oxygen and not the latest as you are expecting.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dcramer

Post by dcramer »

Ok, I must have run the wrong installer the first time. Now I have 14.2.

Quick follow up: I notice that Master Files still doesn't support validating XML files (e.g. a DocBook doc broken into chapters). Is that planned for an upcoming release?

Thanks,
David
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Currently (v14.2) the master files support is useful for schemas. We are planning to expand it for XML in a future version of Oxygen (long term). I've added your vote for this feature request.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi,

Just to update the thread, Oxygen 15.1 was officially released and it contains Master Files support for XML modules:
Working with Modular XML Files in the Master Files Context

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support