Problem with customization layer for XSL transformation

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Zby

Problem with customization layer for XSL transformation

Post by Zby »

Hi,

I use Oxygen 5.1/Win and XEP to edit and transofrm my DocBook files. Since I am a newbie on the DocBook, XML, XSL and transformations, I use examples from Bob Stayton's book as well as other examples from the Net.

My problem is that when I want to use some customization while transforming DocBook files to PDF, I receive the following error:

SystemID: null
Description: E Processing terminated by xsl:message at line 166

I defined the custom stylesheet in the scenario configuration (DocBook PDF) as a cascade stylesheet by adding an XSL file to the list.

I have no idea what is wrong, especially that my custom stylesheet is much shorter than 166 lines.
My custom XSL validates, DocBook files validate, too. It seems the problem is with the customization layer, because when I transform XML to PDF without any customization, everything is OK. However, I have to change the appearance of some elements since the defaults don't satisfy me.

What's wrong with the setup or stylesheets? I can submit a sample sheet if necessary.

rgds,
Zby
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Zby,

A customization layer is done by creating a stylesheet that imports the docbook stylesheet and adds some templates for instance. Then you just need to use this stylesheet instead of the docbook stylesheet when you perform the transformation. You do not need to cascade them.

Best Regards,
George
Zby

Post by Zby »

George,

thanks a lot. That worked.
However, this is sort of misleading that the GUI didn't help to solve the problem. I think you should consider building in better context-depended tooltips.

rgds,
Zby