Remove table numbering

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
cjbcjb

Remove table numbering

Post by cjbcjb »

How can I turn off the automatic appending of "Table n" to the front of all table titles? I'm creating webhelp using the oXygen webhelp plugin. Thanks.
sorin_ristache

Re: Remove table numbering

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Sorry, there is no parameter for that in the transformation. You can disable that label in front of the table title by commenting out the xsl:choose element inside the <span class="tablecap"> element in the template <xsl:template name="place-tbl-lbl"> in the file [Oxygen-14.2-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\xsl\xslhtml\dita2htmlImpl.xsl, that is the xsl:choose element that starts at line 4149 in file [Oxygen-14.2-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\xsl\xslhtml\dita2htmlImpl.xsl. This xsl:choose element inserts the label in front of the table title so if you comment out/remove it the label will not be inserted anymore in the output.

Regards,
Sorin
cjbcjb

Post by cjbcjb »

Thanks, but when I do that, I get a transformation error. I should comment just the xsl:choose in lines 4149-4161, correct?

Chuck
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Yes, that is correct. I commented this xsl:choose element and I did not get any errors with the DITA Map Webhelp transformation. What error do you get in the DITA OT output view at the bottom of the Oxygen window?

I uploaded the modified version of the [Oxygen-14.2-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\xsl\xslhtml\dita2htmlImpl.xsl stylesheet here.

Regards,
Sorin