Folding Feature and Friends

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
AhknubisX

Folding Feature and Friends

Post by AhknubisX »

The folding feature menu bar option and the context sub menu could use a sub menu option with radio buttons for "fold all but this/these child(ren) element(s)", and "expand this/these element(s)", to help in expediting productivity, as the author will be able to selectively fold or expand ancestor and/or children elements as required pretty effortlessly, even
with larger XML documents that might involve navigation of thousands of lines of code.
Further authoring productivity support could be established by the inclusion of a sub-menu selection involving a dropdown list equiped "goto"
element/line function.
Naturally the dropdown list should be expansive enough to catalog and display all of a given XML documents elements for fast referencing and selection, and for the larger docs. the dropdown list will definitely need to consider scroll bars (as are usually standard as a rule of thumb anyway, I thought I just give it a mention regardless).
Although these TWO feature request sound simplistic, I know for a fact that they will require some effort to effectively program and integrate into an exxisting application like <oxygen/> XML, but if any one can do it George probably knows who they are.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Please provide more details and before and after documents because I find a little difficult to follow your post and the samples will clarify what you mean.

What we currently have plans for is a new action that should be called something like "Focus on this element" and that will have the same result as applying the "Collapse child folds" action on all the elements on the path to the root element starting with the root and ending with the current element parent.

Best Regards,
George