Index hyperlink locations in XHTML Output are no longer correct

Oxygen general issues.
OxUser

Index hyperlink locations in XHTML Output are no longer correct

Post by OxUser »

While transforming DITA files to XHTML, the Index file that is output no longer creates the correct hyperlink location of the other topics. Instead the Index file is inserting the wrong file location in its hyperlinks. Now, the other topics won't launch when I click on their Index hyperlinks. Instead, nothing happens.

How can I make the hyperlinks to the other topics on the Index page point to the correct location?

(All of the files are stored in the same directory which is NOT the one used in the Index hyperlinks)

Here's a bit more information if you need it:

The hyperlinks on the output Index page still point to an old output folder name, and not to where the output is currently stored.

For example, the path used for each hyperlink in the Index is roughly as follows:

file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/OLD%20OUTPUT%20FOLDER/out/xhtml/Index.html

where, OLD%20OUTPUT%20FOLDER refers to the old folder name where I had previously sent the output. And the folder name has spaces in it.

For example, how would I reset this location, so that the hyperlinks in the Index file point to the current output directory:

file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/NEW_OUTPUT_FOLDER/out/xhtml/Index.html
Radu

Re: Index hyperlink locations in XHTML Output are no longer correct

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I do not understand your entire problem.

Maybe the transformation does not overwrite all files for some reason.
Could you try to delete the transformation output folder before running the transformation scenario?
In this case, this would probably be:
C:/Users/Me/Desktop/NEW_OUTPUT_FOLDER/out/xhtml

Also, let's say that you have configured the DITA to XHTML transformation scenario to output the HTML files in the folder:

C:/Users/Me/Desktop/NEW_OUTPUT_FOLDER/out/xhtml

After the transformation is over, that folder should contain both the "index.html" file and the other HTML files (one per topic usually). The index.html file from the output folder should have relative references to the topic files. Relative references are good because they make the output folder portable, it can be copied to another location and the links would still work there.
Is this the behavior you are getting on your side?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
OxUser

Post by OxUser »

Hi Radu,

Things worked normally until I moved the locations of the files being transformed to a different folder. Now, after the transformation is over, the output folder contains only the "index.html" file (no other HTML files). Also, the index.html file does not have relative references to the topic files.

You mentioned in your post:
"Also, let's say that you have configured the DITA to XHTML transformation scenario to output the HTML files in the folder:

C:/Users/Me/Desktop/NEW_OUTPUT_FOLDER/out/xhtml"
How do I change the output folder location? Even when I click the Configure Transformation Scenarios button, I don't see any place to change this location. Only my index file gets output to the new location. I'm not sure where my other files go, maybe the old location. How can I get all the output in the same place and with relative references in the index, short of reinstalling? (If that would fix it)
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

If you use the Configure Transformation Scenarios dialog and edit (or duplicate and edit) the transformation scenario that you are using (DITA Map XHTML probably), in the Output tab you have the possibility to define a custom output folder where the transformation will output the resources.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
OxUser

Post by OxUser »

I solved the issue by moving all of the working files to the same folder where the output directory is located. For example, the files to be transformed are located in the DITA folder, and the output is located in the DITA/Out/Xhtml folder. Previously, the map file and the other files had been in two separate locations.

When I ran the transform, all of the files were correctly output and placed in the same output directory (and NOT in two different output directiories), and the Index had links to relative locations, as I wanted.

Thanks for your help,
Andrew