Resolve keyrefs in topic titles

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Erlend L

Resolve keyrefs in topic titles

Post by Erlend L »

When you open a map in the DITA Maps Manager, the title for the map is shown at the root node. The title is expanded, so for example <title><keyword keyref="relname"/> <keyword keyref="relversion"/> Version Description Document</title> gets properly expanded to "Release 1.2.3 Version Description Document". This is very good.

However, this title expansion is not done for the topics in the map. I have a topicref to a topic which contains <title>What's new in <keyword keyref="relname"/> <keyword keyref="relversion"/>?</title>, this exapands to "What's new in ?" in the Maps Manager.

It would be very nice if the keyrefs in the title for the topicrefs were expanded, just as is the case for the keyrefs in the map's title.

Missing this feature is particularly inconvenient when the topic title consists of keyrefs only, for example <title><keyword keyref="artifact000-name"/> <keyword keyref="artifact000-version"/></title>. This resolves to exactly one space in the Maps Manager, so you only see an icon for the topic, followed by a dash, followed by a space (which you cannot see). This makes it difficult to see which topics you are working with (I have several of these in on the same level), you have to rely on tooltips to see which is which. Further, it is difficult to open the topic (as previously reported) - you have to right-click, Open or dclick on the space in the title (which is hard to hit).

I use Eclipse Juno SR 1 (20121004-1855) with oXygen XML Author 14.1.0.v2012121012.
Radu

Re: Resolve keyrefs in topic titles

Post by Radu »

Hi Erlend,

Your description is correct.
We fixed this issue in 14.2 so you should try to use the latest 14.2 plugin available from our web site.

ReEgards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Erlend L

Re: Resolve keyrefs in topic titles

Post by Erlend L »

Excellent - I just upgraded to 14.2 and the keyrefs are indeed resolved. I should have checked before complaining, of course...

Thanks,
Erlend