Template expansion key does not work in Eclipse plugin

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hepabolu

Template expansion key does not work in Eclipse plugin

Post by hepabolu »

Hi,

I find the template expansion option of Oxygen XML 5.1 very nice, but unfortunately it doesn't work in the Eclipse plugin version. I've checked the key mappings and the command is simply not there, so I cannot add a mapping.

Could you please tell me what to do?

Thank you.

Bye, Hepabolu
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

There is no special key mapping for the code templates. They are offered automatically by the content completion assistant if you enter the first letter or letters of its name and then press CTRL + SPACE. Also if you are editing a XSL document for example only the code templates associated with this editor type will be displayed by the content completion assistant. You can see the existing templates and define your own templates in <oXygen/> preferences, in the page Code templates.

Best regards,
Sorin
hepabolu

Post by hepabolu »

[quote="sorin"]Hello,

There is no special key mapping for the code templates. They are offered automatically by the content completion assistant if you enter the first letter or letters of its name and then press CTRL + SPACE. Also if you are editing a

Well, this simply doesn't work. I came across a patched jar in this forum and when I installed that, I get an error message, before that, nothing happens.

XSL document for example only the code templates associated with this editor type will be displayed by the content completion assistant. You can see the existing templates and define your own templates in <oXygen/> preferences, in the page Code templates.

This I see. It happens in both XSL and XML, but I simply want to add a license comment just before the document root.
Hmm, is that the reason? Template completion only works INSIDE the document root?

Thanks.

Bye, Helma
hepabolu

Post by hepabolu »

AAAAH, the file I tried it in somehow lost it's xml prolog. After I added that, the template completion works. :-(

Sorry for the noise.

Bye, Hepabolu