Hide DITA Elements

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mstrubberg

Hide DITA Elements

Post by mstrubberg »

There are many DITA elements we don't use and would like to hide them from the Content Completion window and the Elements window. Can that be configured in the Oxygen interface without actually modifying the DITA dtds?
Radu

Re: Hide DITA Elements

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Sure, if you open the Oxygen Preferences->"Document Type Association" you can edit the DITA document type and in the Author tab there is a Content Completion tab which has a list of Remove content completion items to which you can add stuff.
All these settings are saved in the DITA framework configuration file:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\dita.framework

and can then be shared.

A topic from our user's manual which may be handy:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/ ... etion.html

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sbodoff

Post by sbodoff »

I've tried to hide the syntaxdiagram element by following the instructions in that topic, but it doesn't appear to work. In particular, the topic doesn't give an example. Could you provide a little more context?
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi,

It doesn't seem anything wrong with the content completion filtering mechanism in oXygen.
I have just tested this behavior, setting a filter for the <cite/> element.

I've filtered it from Content Completion and then, in a DITA topic, I've called the content completion assistant while inside a paragraph.
As expected, the "cite" element was not presented in the CC list.

Therefore, in order to exclude the <syntaxdiagram/> element from the content completion list, you should go into the oXygen menu to Options > Preferences > Document Type Association and in the DITA document type editing dialog, navigate to "Content Completion" under the "Author" tab (as Radu also specified in the above post).

Under the "Filter" section in the same Content Completion tab, just click on the "+" button to add your filter.
Fill the name of the element you need to filter in the "Display name" field (that should be "syntaxdiagram" without quotes) and choose what filters to apply by checking the appropriate boxes ("Content Completion", "Elements View" and/or "Element Insert Menus") as you wish.
Click OK in all the dialogs to apply the new settings.

That should be all you have to do in order to filter elements.
I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support