Do the proxy settings work for anyone?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dnedrow

Do the proxy settings work for anyone?

Post by dnedrow »

I'm having a problem with a corporate proxy. I've seen similar issues in the forums, but it seems as though — if they're resolved — the solution(s) don't generally make it into the thread.

oXygen 14.1
Windows 7
Internal http proxy

Problem:

I'm unable to validate any markup that uses an external schema, presumably because oXygen isn't making the proxy connection correctly.

Proxy: System Settings
If I set the proxy options to "system settings" and input my username and password, I don't get an authentication prompt; but oXygen is still unable to open the external resources — "Resource - Not Available"

Proxy: Manual
After setting the options (host, port, username, password), I get a repeating series of authentication requests, none of which appear to succeed. I ultimately get locked out of our proxy after too many retries.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this working?

-David
adrian

Re: Do the proxy settings work for anyone?

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The repeating series of authentication requests tells me that either Oxygen doesn't recognize the authentication method or the server doesn't recognize Oxygen's reply to the authentication.

If the HTTP proxy requires NTLM authentication then that's the problem. The current version of Oxygen (v14.1) doesn't support NTLMv2 and it seems NTLMv1 doesn't work correctly either with Windows Server 2008 and later. Only basic and digest authentication methods work correctly.

We have already addressed this problem in the current development stream (the HTTP client libraries have been updated). This support will be present in v14.2.
If this is indeed the case and you are interested in trying a beta build of v14.2 that includes this NTLM support update, please write to our support email address: support AT oxygenxml DOT com

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dnedrow

Re: Do the proxy settings work for anyone?

Post by dnedrow »

adrian wrote: If the HTTP proxy requires NTLM authentication then that's the problem. The current version of Oxygen (v14.1) doesn't support NTLMv2 and it seems NTLMv1 doesn't work correctly either with Windows Server 2008 and later. Only basic and digest authentication methods work correctly.

We have already addressed this problem in the current development stream (the HTTP client libraries have been updated). This support will be present in v14.2.
Cool, I'll send a message to support.

-David