Setting saxon config file in XProc scenarios

Oxygen general issues.
matsek

Setting saxon config file in XProc scenarios

Post by matsek »

Hi,

I need some advice on how to use Saxon extensions in XSLT steps in an XProc pipeline.

I understand that in order to use extension elements in Saxon, one needs to provide a modified config file to it. Calabash then has its own config file which needs to be modified to reference the Saxon config file. However, where is the Calabash config file in Oxygen? And is it possible to do this from within the application, maybe on scenario basis, rather than to make changes to the installation?

Thanks,
Mats
adrian

Re: Setting saxon config file in XProc scenarios

Post by adrian »

Hello,

What version of Oxygen are you using?

Starting with version 14.0 build 2012080717 you can use a calabash.config file and a saxon.config file for the Oxygen built-in Calabash. Place/edit the files in Oxygen/lib/xproc/calabash/lib and restart the application.

Oxygen already looks for the saxon.config file, so you don't have to create a calabash.config file for this particular task, you can simply edit the saxon.config file for your purpose. Documentation for the Saxon configuration file can be found here:
Saxonica - The Saxon configuration file

Unfortunately this is currently (v14.1) only possible on a per installation basis. I'll submit an issue to allow this on a per scenario basis in a future version of Oxygen.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
HomeGoods

Post by HomeGoods »

adrian wrote:Unfortunately this is currently (v14.1) only possible on a per installation basis. I'll submit an issue to allow this on a per scenario basis in a future version of Oxygen.
This limitation still exists on 16.1 / 17?
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,
HomeGoods wrote:
adrian wrote:Unfortunately this is currently (v14.1) only possible on a per installation basis. I'll submit an issue to allow this on a per scenario basis in a future version of Oxygen.
This limitation still exists on 16.1 / 17?
Yes, this feature request has not been implemented yet. It is still pending to be scheduled.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com