Closed value lists for elements in Author Mode

Oxygen general issues.
psychomachine

Closed value lists for elements in Author Mode

Post by psychomachine »

Hi.

in the Oxygen Text View, when we enter an element that has a closed value list in our schema, Oxygen immediately suggests all the possible values, so we can simply select the one we need and it will auto-complete. This makes data entry extremely quick.

In the Author mode, however, I don't see such a function. I can enter an element (by clicking on ENTER + selecting the appropriate element from the dropdown menu), but that's where Oxygen stops helping me. It is easy to deal with attributes, but not element contents from closed values lists.

Since both attribute values and content values are governed by the schema, and Oxygen can deal with attribute values, am I missing something?

Best,
Tench
ionela

Re: Closed value lists for elements in Author Mode

Post by ionela »

Hi Tench,

In Author mode, after you insert an element you need to press Enter again (or Ctrl+Space) inside of that element, and Oxygen suggests you the list with the element values defined in your XML Schema.
Indeed, in Text view this value list is shown immediately after you insert an element without pressing Enter once again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
psychomachine

Re: Closed value lists for elements in Author Mode

Post by psychomachine »

That's great, Ionela. Thanks a lot.