transforming docbook to epub using custom transformation scenerio

Oxygen general issues.
dcdenison

transforming docbook to epub using custom transformation scenerio

Post by dcdenison »

Hi, still making the transition to 14.1.

I have a custom transformation scenerio that I've been using to transform docbook5 to epub. It works well in 13, using ANT. It picks up the .xsl and the .css file.

But when I try it in 14.1 I get a fatal error in the transformation.

If I use the default "DocBook Epub" option, it generates an epub, but doesn't pick up the .css file.

It looks like all the parameters are the same. Has anything changed in 14.1 that I should know about? I notice there's now an "association follows selection" checkbox. I tried it unchecked and checked. Didn't seem to help.

Is there anything else that would cause the transformation scenerio to work in 13 but not 14?

Thanks, really appreciate the help.

DC
sorin_ristache

Re: transforming docbook to epub using custom transformation scenerio

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

The only difference is some small bugfixes in the XSLT stylesheets located in [Oxygen-install-dir]/frameworks/docbook/xsl/epub. How/Where did you add your custom .xsl to the DocBook EPUB scenario? Did you modify the bin/build.xml file from the above directory frameworks/docbook/xsl/epub? What are your modifications?

Can you check please if the CSS file which you set with the parameter html.stylesheet is included in the EPUB output file? You can drag and drop the EPUB file in the Oxygen window and look at the EPUB internal structure in the Archive Browser view. A copy of your custom CSS file should be included in the EPUB either in a sub-directory with the same name as the original CSS (if the CSS is located in the directory of the input XML or in a sub-directory) or in a sub-directory called css (in this case the copy of your CSS has a longer filename which reflects the original CSS filepath).

Regards,
Sorin
dcdenison

Re: transforming docbook to epub using custom transformation scenerio

Post by dcdenison »

Thanks Sorin, very helpful. I didn't have the xsl and css files exactly where they were in version 13. Now it's working fine.

thanks again.

DC